Wednesday, October 19, 2011

We Are The 1%: Part Four


(Mitt Romney, Republican candidate for president who made much of his fortune by arranging leveraged buyouts which often involved laying off shmucks who now mooch off the government because, hello, they have no jobs)


I'm unemployed, my friend.

Just like you.

Well, except for the $200 million which I hold in blind trusts.

I spent my life improving the profitability of corporations. And as we all know, corporations are people. So I spent my life helping people. Kind of.

I spent $45 million of my own money running for president in 2008.
  • That could have paid for a complete course of chemotherapy for more than 10,000 people.
  • It could have put food on the table for more than 11,000 families in the United States for an entire year.
  • It could have paid the health insurance premiums for tens of thousands of Americans who will die this year because they have no access to the "best health care in the world."
Life is not fair. Get over it.

I am the 1%.

~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment