Thursday, November 5, 2009

Teabaggers rally against health reform. Oh good grief.


(another Mad Hatter Tea Party ... sigh)


Michele Bachmann organized a rally in Washington today. Woo hoo. She urged opponents of health reform to come to the halls of Congress, look their Congress-people in the eye, and tell them "Don't take away my health care."

"Nothing scares Congress more than freedom-loving Americans," Bachmann told Blondie Anchorwoman on Fox & Friends.

Ironically, at the very same time a side banner proclaimed: "House version would provide coverage to 96% of Americans."

Here's the video:




Meanwhile, John Boehner, who is one of the reasons I will need to ask God's forgiveness when I reach the pearly gates, showed up at the rally and told the Tea People, "This bill is one of the greatest threats to freedom I have ever seen."

I have a few questions.

Firstly, Michele, who the heck is talking about taking away your health care?? We can all tell that you need health care. Preferably long-term residential health care. The only way you will lose your health care is if you don't get re-elected. (come on, Minnesota! you can do it!)

Secondly, John, what types of freedom will this dastardly bill take away?? The freedom to be rejected by heartless insurance companies when you get sick? Providing health care to your fellow Americans is one of the greatest threats to freedom you have ever seen? Give me a break.

I'm getting tired of this whole debate. The reform bill will probably end up so watered down, it won't make any difference anyway.

Tomorrow I'm gonna find something fun to write about.

Yahoo Odd News, here I come!

~~~

3 comments:

  1. Go get 'em Lesley...
    BTW I have had a harasser on my site lately, but I told them if they don't want to leave a name (they are "Anonymous") along with their insults and hatred of us on the left side of things (health care is what the topic was)then I will continue to DELETE their comments!

    You keep doing your thing and don't get frustrated, though I know it can be hard not to.
    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoo boy. That's awful. People have really strong feelings about this whole debate, one way or the other. I think once the hysteria dies down and some sort of bill is passed, people will come to their senses. "Oh, THAT's what the public option is all about? Why was I so upset?"

    Thanks for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. IT PASSED THE HOUSE!!!!!!

    Thank God and Keep the Faith!

    ReplyDelete