Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Sticks and Stones


(let's talk about these tomorrow)

Argh. I would really like to go through a day or two with nothing to rant about. Maybe tomorrow I will post some pictures of my lovely roses or my beautiful grandbaby.

For today, I'm afraid, I must rant a bit.

What set me off this time? An email including, yet again, a comparison between Obama and Hitler.

Come on. This stuff is hateful, inflammatory, and ridiculous. But ok. I'll play along.

Here are some quotes from Adolf Hitler. You tell me - who do they remind you of?

~ "It is not truth that matters, but victory."

~ "I believe today that my conduct is in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator."

~ "Any alliance whose purpose is not the intention to wage war is senseless and useless."

And my personal favorite, which has apparently been adopted as the motto of the Republican Fringe Party:

~ "Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it."

~~~

4 comments:

  1. Yes, it is getting ridiculous. I can not believe the stuff that is coming out of the GOP. Desperate people say desperate things. I just wish that Fox News would suddenly lose its license to air, Rush would get laryngitis, Glen Beck and Sean Hannnity would lose their jobs and their insurance, and the Republicans in congress would lose their seats to an Independent or Democrat. Well I guess it is okay to dream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obama is the furthest thing from Hitler... the quotes you posted reminded me of the Bush-Cheney regime.
    I watch Keith Olbermann on Countdown on a pretty regular basis and the other night he called out not only Republicans, but ALSO Democrats that are in the back pocket of big pharma and the health care insurance companies.
    That was great... no bias there, just factual reporting. Unlike the idiocy we see on Fox News Channel. You know their motto... "We distort, you comply."
    Keep after 'em Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, you will never have nothing not to rant about. You are a ranter. You are our ranter. You are a ranconteur. Secondly, they are trying everything they can think of, and it's making them look foolish. Now, go ahead, please rant your head off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rae: I know. I hope they go so far over the edge, they lose all credibility. I think they're there already, but the fringe is still hangin' in there!

    Jim: Yes, I thought of Bush-Cheney too, obviously. That Countdown segment was awesome. We need more of that.

    Bruce: Thanks! I always feel better after I rant. LOL

    ReplyDelete